So, I've been trying to contact my Hem/Onc doctor for a week (once again) regarding getting together for a care conference. My OB wants me to get him together with a perinatologist and discuss whether or not TTC would be realistic or just plain stupid considering my risks, as well as discuss whether or not if I should further investigate if I have Arnold Chiari Malformation or not, since I'm not too thrilled with the idea of having more MRIs done. I left two messages explaining all of this, leaving two numbers to reach me. One day, I was not at home, so I left the other number to reach me at, and I stated very clearly on the message to call me at that number, not on my cell, as I needed to speak with them directly. Instead, they leave me a freaking message on my cell. Morons. Anyways, they do not even acknowledge the MRIs and Arnold Chiari situation. Okay, beautiful. I'll continue harrassing you. She continues to say that I am to find a perinatologist and have them call the doctor, as he "does not do face-to-face." Are you EFFING KIDDING ME? Isn't that why he gets paid six figures and I don't? I'm sorry, but I'm a nurse, and I've been in many care conference for my patients, whether I wanted to be or not (not that I was ever opposed to...just sayin'), and I don't get paid nearly half of what he gets paid. My doctors are not on the same page, and my OB has asked for a care conference regarding my future well-being, and you are REFUSING?! Oh, and this is my NEW hematologist? Well this is just effing great. Now what? Do I start searching for a new one? The jackass that accused me of "doctor hopping" is somewhat tempting me to start! I am very frustrated at this point, and frankly, I am completely lost. I feel very bad for my OB...I keep calling her for support, and she isn't the one who will be in my care, as she is a nurse practitioner. She keeps pointing me and I keep walking where she tells me. Hopefully I can get somewhere soon, but at this point, I'm fed up with the healthcare in this city. I've seen just about everyone that is available to me, and let me tell you, I am nothing less than disappointed. Even my husband was pissed off and shocked. I had him listen to the voicemail, just in case I was mistaken. I am very hurt by this...how could a doctor do this to their own patient? UGH! LISTEN TO YOUR DAMN PATIENTS! Mark my words....when shit hits the fan, watch out.
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for your comment!