June 3, 2011

How it all went down!

Ah! So so sorry, I am so far behind! Anyway, breakdown of the wedding weekend!

Friday night~rehearsal and rehearsal dinner:
We arrived 30 minutes early, and had our music ready. Now, the hotel had said that we would have to put the music on a cd, NOT an iPod, but we decided to do both, just in case. 1 hour into the rehearsal, we were still standing around, trying to figure out how to get the damn POS that they had to recognize our cd. Luckily, we had decided to put the playlist on our iPods against their advice. Jim ran out to Radio Shack and bought a cord and adapter, and THANK GOD it worked. So, tip of the day, TRUST YOUR GUT! We had a feeling something would happen, so we had our iPods on backup anyway. Screw what the professionals say. We won that battle. FF-rehearsal went pretty well, for the most part, after all of that. Then we had our RD at Fox & Hound. It went alright...they were trying to tell us that we would have to pay more for more food, as we had ran out. Um, we had RSVP'd 30-some people, and about half of that were there, and not everyone was able to get everything before it ran out. There was NO excuse why we should have to pay more. So, my (now) MIL and I had a talk with the staff. All in all, it worked out. We handed out BP gifts, ate well, and drank to our health. Jim was kidnapped by his GM, so I stayed home with the kids and finished packing everything up and cleaning the house (couldn't sleep). Around 3:30 am, I felt something move in the room, and jumped up. It was my fiance, attempting to crawl into bed without disturbing me. About 30 minutes later, my phone rang. It was Jim's BM...his car was stuck in the middle of an intersection. Jim left to go help him. I have no idea when he got back. :S

Saturday (THE BIG DAY!):
I woke up and got Alyssa up (literally had to shake her to wake her up). She looked at me, and said, "Are you doing my hair?"...but as she said it, she smacked herself in the forehead and said, "Duh. Nevermind.", and  jumped out of bed. My MOH picked us up, and we met the other BM that was going to the salon with us. FF through 3 hours at the salon, and we were dolled up and ready to go. We made it to the hotel, and by luck, our room was clean (the suite for that night), so the girls were able to use that room to get ready in, rather than the small hospitality room. The wife side of the photography team came (Dawn) and started working while we were all getting ready. I was running around in my underwear and tank top, eating lunch meat and drinking someone's pop (still not sure who's).

Then they said it was time to go down for the ceremony. I freaked, and said that we were doing a first look! (They had forgotten) Our first look was awesome. I heard Jim gasp, and much of our BP (including men) shed tears. After that, we got some photos done, and then we all went to hide while guests were being seated. While hiding, the weather showed a tornado warning, and I was trying to see where it was. The BP said it was far away from us. I later learned that it was the county next to us. Normally, I LOVE tornadoes, but not at my wedding. Sorry!

Ceremony time~I have no idea how it went prior to my walking out, but I know my entrance went fine. Both my parents walked me down without killing each other, so that was a plus. Once the ceremony started, the RB was tossing around the pillow, and Alyssa was scolding him from the other side of the room. It was quite cute. Once we got to our vows, Jim went first. Let's just say, his were WAY better than mine. FF-first kiss. Cheers and clapping. Then we walked out. I looked out the window, and saw that it was still sunny. I screamed and started jumping. We had planned on going back in to release the guests, but we quickly changed our minds and just did a receiving line, which, despite what the photographers said, didn't take very long at all. Then we left and had pictures outside in a park.
While taking pictures, a homeless man was going around, asking everyone for money. Oddly enough, he was very well dressed to be homeless. He even asked for credit cards. Bizarre. It was hot and humid, but we made it before any rain!
FF-we arrive at the reception just about 5 or 10 minutes late. I am thrilled. I quickly use the potty (btw...tip here...SIT BACKWARDS! IT WORKS!), and then we start bustling. BIG ISSUE HERE. It took about 40 minutes. Bummer. Nobody knew how it bustled, and the map wasn't much help to the BP. One of the hooks should have been an eye, so we had to use safety pins. After that, we FINALLY made it in for our grand entrance, which.was. AWESOME! I made sure that we ate, and then we went around to each table (we made it to all but maybe 3 or 4, and they were ones that we'd been talking to people at those tables anyway). Cake cutting took too long, and we got a little pissed, but it was fine. The only cake we had time to eat was what we fed each other. We got a little on the faces, but no smashing.
First dance seemed to go okay, but I'm really anxious to see the video for proof. It was different than when we had rehearsed, because I was in those wedges with a HUGE dress on...so I kept a lot of distance between us. I hope it looked okay. We did have fun, but I have a feeling it didn't turn out so great. I guess we will see.
Bouquet tossing...well...someone forgot to grab my toss bouquet, so we use my MOH's instead. It went to a very well-deserved friend. :) Garter tossing...somehow, Jim got the wrong one, so he had to go back under to get the right one. lol A son of a (not married) friend caught it. Quite hilarious.
All in all, the reception was fun, but midway, someone told me it was storming really bad, with HUGE hail. Once that news hit, people started leaving. We shut it down very early, which made me sad, but we were VERY tired, so it was probably just as well. Once we left and got to the hotel, we realized that he didn't carry me in, so we went back out and did it. Some hotel guests were in the hall, and clapped and cheered. Our last hooray of the night. I couldn't sit well in my dress, so I tried to get on the bed to open gifts and drink a Cherry Coke. I couldn't make it up there, so Jim threw me up onto the bed...BUT I COULDN'T BREATHE! So he had to quickly (like that's possible for anyone) untie my corset dress. We sat and opened some cards and gifts....and stuff. Immediately showered, as the hot and humid day, combined with hair spray, 30 lbs of make-up, and 200some people hugging me throughout the day and night, made me feel nasty. After that, we were STARVING. All that's open...McDonald's...Jim's favorite (sarcasm). We got back, ate McDonald's in bed, updated our Facebooks, and fell asleep.

I really can't complain too much. I do wish that we could have spent more time with guests, but that's always a given. I wish that we would have had more time for pictures. Much of what we wanted, we didn't have time for, so I'm kinda nervous about the end result. Other than that, it went down well, and I can't believe it's over. I am DEF having the post-wedding blues. I don't know what to do with my life! :) I will be posting pics as they come, and I will be doing a HM post sometime, as well. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!