May 15, 2011

AW AW AW!!! Our wine box is DONE! :D

Obviously, I'm SUPER excited about this! This was one of the very first DIY projects we started, and it's the last to finish! :) Due to moving, weather, and technical difficulites, this took MUCH longer than anticipated. BUT....here it is! We started off with pine wood. Obviously, cut, sanded, and stained everything. Months and months and MONTHS later, we began working on it again. :) We figured out what we wanted to engrave on the front, and printed it out. Traced it as best as we could, then used a router to make it. Our initals and the date are engraved on the front. I had seen a box online (that sold for around $400. Kiss my arse!), and I liked that you could see a little bit inside and it was a kidney-shaped hole. We took that idea and ran with it. :) All the pieces were then screwed together. Then we used this conforming foam (bought at Michael's) and covered that and the insides with satin fabric, glued down with Tacky Glue. The hinges and the hook for the lock were screwed in. We just need to buy a small lock and key, but it is done! The wine is something that I actually like (shocking!) and we will be drinking that on our wedding day. The glasses are black (one of our colors) and engraved with our names and the wedding date. Not nearly as cool as our reception flutes, but we liked that they're black. :) Forgive the dust and fingerprints...we need to try to clean it off. I can't wait to put our letters inside and lock this box. :) We are calling it "Locking the Box" in our programs. <3!!! 

The inside. Our wine glasses (BLACK AND ENGRAVED!!!) and the wine, which is the same wine we will be drinking at our wedding. :D
Far away pic. 
Jim really did an AMAZING job finishing this up. I LOVE this part of our program, and I hope everyone else does too! :) We still need to buy a lock (lost ours during our move last October), but we both have our letters written, so we just need to get them ready to be placed in the box! SOOOO EXCITED!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!