She was in 6 different dances: 2 for her Ballet/Tap/Jazz Combo class, 2 for Hip-Hop, 1 for Pre-Pointe, and 1 for Relative Dance. Holy. Cow. This Mama is TIRED! Sooo many outfit changes in 3 different performances in 24 hours. Whew! We only really had two tragedies; her garment bag zipper on the bottom broke, but it was still shut. I'd had her hair accessories, shoes, socks, and pants all in labeled baggies in that pocket! Luckily, it happened when we had a few dances in between performances, so we had time to think. My mom raced into the bathroom and was able to break the zipper open without breaking her brand new bag. There was one time where we had one dance in between performances, and one without ANY, but they gave us a 20 sec. break to strip her and throw her next outfit on backstage, so we just covered her while she whipped into her next outfit. The other one was during her last performance on the second day. Her pre-pointe costume ripped when she got up from her chair. She freaked, so I calmed her to keep her make-up from running, and we RAN for help. I didn't bring a sewing kit, but safety pins were of good use! A couple of gals held it up and helped pin it down. Couldn't even tell! For pictures, we RAN all day. Two pictures per class, so that's 8 pictures to be done...and that happened DURING dress rehearsal. Are you kidding me?! Luckily, we stayed ahead of schedule for almost all of her pictures, running and taking her individual ones ASAP, then doing her class ones right after each rehearsal. Once done, we'd strip and get into the next outfit, touch-up hair and make-up, and run to get the next individual. Good thing we did, since rehearsals ran behind, which wasn't OUR fault, so for her last ones, we BARELY made it! Had we not stayed ahead and gotten her individuals done early, she would have missed out on something. I'd say not bad for my first time, right?! :) I don't think this was nearly as bad as my modeling days...I didn't have THAT many outfit changes! lol Jim said I was a few clicks away from the moms on Toddlers and Tiaras. ha! Well, we had the garment bag, which her costumes minus pants, socks, shoes, and tights hung, and her shoes, socks, hair accessories, shoes, shoe accessories, and pants were in individual labeled baggies inside the back pocket of that bag, then we had a duffle bag with my recital outfit and part of hers so we could quick change together (though I ended up staying in mine for much of the time. lol), make-up, hairspray, our emergency things, curling iron, etc, her props needed, a bag with snacks, waters, and straws, our camera and camcorder bags, and other crap I can't think of. lol Anyway, her and I had an absolute blast, and I'm kind of sad it's over already. She got tons of flowers, and we got her a recital bear. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for your comment!