Peace out, 2010! Hello 2011!
Well, 2010 has been a great year! Interesting, but great! In February, Jim proposed to me in front of a huge auditorium filled with people at his graduation (and I said yes!). Later in the spring, I got rid of 2 more of my 4 debts in collections, now I'm down to 1! Something also happened to Jim that was in his favor, but we fear that if I gloat, we will be jinxed, but those of you that know us well know what I'm talking about. That was a huge sigh of relief and a big help for us. In August, Alyssa started kindergarten (the BIG school, as she calls it). In October, we bought our first home, along with our beautiful dining set that I'm madly in love with. I also gained another cat during that time. In November, I bought a different car (not completely thrilled over it, but it's an improvement over my damaged Jetta :( ). Later on, we find out the Kyle (who just started violin a couple months back) is being drafted into the advanced class. Also in November, I was offered a promotion at work. :)
Some of the bummer things are: my back is still all jacked up from my accident, and I have developed constant tinnitus, which drives me INSANE! My parents are getting divorced, which is a good thing, but a bummer thing as well. I think it's harder dealing with it as an adult, but what do I know..?! Jim hasn't been able to find another job, but we're lucky we have jobs, and the one he's currently at isn't bad, it's just that he could have a nursing job right now instead, had there been any to apply for. His job pays well for what he does and he's lucky to have it (and he's good at what he does). My computer went suicidal and I lost all my pictures and all of the wedding stuff we'd worked so hard on. Yeah, that was a MAJOR bummer.
I'd say it's been a good year. :) Much better than the couple of years before (aside from my graduating and us meeting). 2011 should be good, considering we're getting married in the middle of it! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for your comment!