January 24, 2011

What I've been doing to stay awake tonight...

Here are the pens for the guest book! They are black markers wrapped in ivory ribbon and fuscia feathers coming out the top. I bought these from fellow local knottie *tricklet17, but one of them snapped in the envelope. I really wanted 3 pens to have to use, so I bought a VERY similar feather from Hobby Lobby, removed the ribbon and redid it, using glue dots all way back up. I had to trim it a little bit, so it's just a little bit shorter than the others. They're in a drinking glass in this pic, but I will get a plain glass cup or vase for them. 
Well, this isn't completely DIY, but I did add to it. :) I ordered these and had them engraved through Oriental Trading Company, but they're awfully plain. I was going to completely remove the ribbon and rose and change the ribbon, but when I started to, it seemed like the rose was tearing apart, so I just added ribbon behind it and around the bottoms. I haven't decided if I really like them like this or not...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!