May 10, 2011

Aisle runner!

This was probably THE MOST dreaded DIY project I had to face, yet it was one that I could not toss aside. Before I begin, I must disclose that I used The Road to the Aisle's instructions, for the most part. :) Our aisle runner is wider than most, as I will have both of my parents walk me down the aisle. Originally, I was going to have our regular monogram, but as I played around with it, I decided that I liked this idea, so I ran with it. So, I had bought the acrylic paints and brushes on sale last Christmas at Michael's. My mom bought the ivory fabric from JoAnn's just two weeks ago. :) Hey, I had good intentions of getting this accomplished as soon as possible. When it came down to it, I was chickening out. ANYWAY, I was thinking that the fabric would be too thick for me to see through to trace, but I was BARELY able to see MOST of it. I printed everything the first time, and it was WAY too big. Second time was perfect. I taped them all together and folded the extra white paper to keep it out of the way. Then I taped it to our (expensive! :S) table. We measure down about 7 feet and held the fabric down with heavy nursing books :). I traced as best I could. We then put wax paper on top of the paper I used to trace, and put the fabric back down. I started with the pink J, then worked my way to the right. Then I did the & in the middle, then my name. Lastly, I did the date. Obviously, I had forgotten the comma in the date when I was tracing. I realized this as I finished painting. I free-handed that, along with the dreaded "s" in James and half of the &. All in all, I think it went pretty well. 
You can barely see where I traced over the paper, if you look REALLY hard!  
 Finished product! What do ya think? 

2 comments:

  1. aw it looks really good!! mustve been such a pain in the ass lol but the work pays off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Actually, the worst part was the measuring it out, and then making sure it was all centered. I wasn't too fond of the tracing..I had to do quite a bit free-hand, but it's just time-consuming after that. Hoping it's well worth it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!