May 5, 2011

Gifts for the hostesses!

I wanted some kind of cute thank you gifts for the girls, especially since this shower and party was such a PITA. Dalaina helped Katie quite a bit. I got her body wash (lavender is her fav), which was tagged "for showering me with love," a candle, which was tagged "for lighting up my day," and Reeses (her fav candy bar), for "being so sweet." 
 I also got her an engraved shot glass. I think she was most excited for that. Maybe because she JUST had her baby 3 days prior? Maybe...?! :)
 Katie also got a candle, a Hershey's bar, and an umbrella (instead of the body wash). Inside joke (not really...she really did need an umbrella!). Oh, and it's blue, her favorite color. I also got her a cute memo pad in a porcelain shoe, but didn't get a pic of it before I boxed it up. 
 So, to make the tags, I just used leftover paper from our programs (the shimmery paper) and leftover cardstock from our pocketfolds. Double-sided taped them together, punched a hole and used some pink ribbon that I already have for wrapping presents. Wrapped them around the appropriate item and curled the ribbon. I did end up using a glue dot on each tag to get them to stay on the items. The girls seemed to like the idea. Even the best man thought it was super cute. :) I can't take all the credit...I did see something like this online a while back. I just ran with it. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!