August 21, 2012

Oscar's Shadow Box

Before framing

I finally did Oscar's shadow box. I wanted to find wider paper, like wrapping paper, but I wasn't able to, so I used scrapbooking paper and just stapled them down to fit. I place his collar and favorite toy with pins, glued three pictures in, cut a piece from his blanket and stapled that, Velcro to the water bottle, which had been his last drink at the vet :(, and Gorilla Glued his paw print. It now proudly hangs in our living room. We did have to squish the water bottle, as it was too fat to fit in the frame. My mom is going to help make his blanket into a pillow for Jim. The scrap I used for this was already falling off, so Jim said it was okay to cut it off. His items still carry his smell, and Sam kept sniffing. :( 

2 comments:

  1. This is so sweet. I dread the day we lose our little Archie, but I think I'd want to do something like this when that day comes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!