August 27, 2012
Halloween Is Just Around the Corner!
So, you remember my cute, sweet stepdaughter? Well, she decided last year that she wanted to be a zombie for Halloween this year. Actually, she wanted to the year before, but she wasn't able to since it wasn't our year with the kids for Halloween. So, I promised her I wouldn't let her down. I'd found a super cheap skull cheerleader outfit at K-Mart around X-Mas last year. It was off the hanger and without any tags, so it was dirt cheap. She was with me at the store and was super excited with my idea; a zombie cheerleader! I had a black long-sleeve shirt that had shrunk, but we haven't found it. May have ended up in the donation pile?! Anyway, I grabbed a black and gray-striped long sleeve shirt and we tried it on the other night. The top is cropped, and we get cold here in Omaahaw during October evenings. Last year, Jim and I were at Nobbies after the season (though I don't recall why), and I'd found these blood-splattered leggings and a spiked ring. Perfect! After getting her from school, we ran to DG to return some items, and they had Halloween makeup out! She was so excited, she wouldn't let go of it until we were in the bathroom at home and putting it on! I may use some fake blood on the night-of, but this is the general idea. She actually managed to scare the hell out of her brother when the boys got home from football. Haha! Oh, and I didn't need to give her any coaching on her "look." I grabbed my phone for a picture, and she was doing this all on her own. :) All we need now are the pom poms, which we plan on making.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for your comment!