I bought black 12X12 cardstock from Michaels, creme delux text weight paper from Archiver's, the ribbon from Hobby Lobby, the rhinestones from JoAnn's, the RSVP envelopes from Cards and Pockets, and the (ugly) mailing envelope from eBay. I used rubber cement, double-sided tape, a fiskers cutter, a boning tool, and lots of Excedrin. :) Jim (being the wonderful man that he is) helped me make all the pocketfolds! He actually made his own template by looking at what I'd found online and messing around with it himself. He did it perfectly the first time and they're exactly what I wanted! So, once he showed me how to score and cut the paper, I took on that job and he did the angle-cutting (which he did by hand!). The I did the gluing (I used rubber cement, and I curse it everytime I see the bottle!) and boning, cut the ribbon (which was wired, so I often had to trim the wire if it poked out) and used double-sided tape to secure it every so often. Then I used the tape again to secure the 2x2 I made on the front. To make these, I just printed and cut them and glued a small iron-on crystal (which were on clearance) and had to push REALLY hard with my finger or thumb (which became a PITA, but I love them!) I used the double-sided tape to secure the invitation down and placed all the inserts and the RSVP envelope in the pocket.
Voila! I realize the outer envelope doesn't match, but they did not look that color on eBay, but I can't beat the price anyway, so I'll deal with it. I'm not printing all of them until we are closer to our date, just to be safe so we don't waste anything. I CANNOT believe we MADE these...from SCRATCH! Seriously! If I can do it, ANYONE can do it!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for your comment!