August 23, 2010

STDs

That's SAVE THE DATES, you freaks! ha! These have been done for a while, but I'm just now getting around to posting it on the blog. I know, I suck. :( 


These were my first DIY project, and I am so happy with them! I didn’t want to send just a plain old postcard or something that people would toss in the garbage. I have always liked the magnet idea, but not the price! I looked into making my own. I researched different STD magnets to get an idea of what I wanted. I spent probably around 10-15 man hours working on my own template, which was a HUGE PITA!  I found a seller on eBay selling business card-sized peel and stick magnets. I got 300 of them for $28 and free shipping! They are heavy, thick, and hold really well on the fridge! I made my template business card size and bought printable business card paper at Wal-Mart. Jim fixed the layout so they would print on the paper correctly and printed them out for me. I then punched them out and stuck them onto the magnets. I found out very quickly that I had to really watch how I placed them on there. Once they’re on, they are NOT moving! I wanted to place the magnets on something so that they wouldn’t be flopping around in the envelopes. I found really pretty cardstock, trimmed it down to fit in the envelope and used a single gluedot with each magnet. I’ve received so many compliments about these cute little things…my mom of course bragged that I made them, but many people say they can’t tell! J I had to pat myself on the back..being my non-crafty self, I think my first DIY project went pretty darn well! Sadly, I sealed them already, so I do not have any cardstock to show how I had these set up, but here is the magnet itself! 
Picture

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!