We will be inviting a lot of children, so I knew from the beginning that I wanted coloring books and crayons for the children at the reception to keep them (somewhat) entertained. I liked the idea of the books being personalized. I found a template online and used that as my base, then I just added a few pictures I found, added some puzzles/graphics/pictures of my own, printed everything but the cover on computer paper, and voila! I used 65lb white cardstock for the front and back covers to keep the computer paper from ripping. I couldn’t decide what I wanted to do to bind the book together. I had seen some people use yarn, one bride hot glued every single page (oh my), and a few other ideas. I had some old yarn at home and tried it. Hated it! I was at Michael’s and saw a fuscia/pink colored narrow ribbon that I liked. I grabbed a couple and figured what the heck. I three-hole punched the pages and tied them together. LOVE IT! I did find that I had to make the knots somewhat loose, or the pages won’t turn well, and I’m afraid some kids will tear up their books. I’m sure that will happen anyway, but I’m a perfectionist. I will probably buy the small boxes of crayons in bulk and give one to each child. I don't think a children's table will work...most parents will probably want to be near their child....at least I would assume so. ?!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for your comment!