July 30, 2010

Wedding Day Jacket!!!

I knew I wanted a personalized jacket to wear on my wedding day while getting ready, but I wasn’t willing to spend a ton of money on one, and I didn’t want one that just says “Bride” on it…I would like to be able to wear it again after the wedding. I had found the perfect pink crystals at Michael’s and they were on sale, so I bought a bunch. I knew I didn’t want a long-sleeve jacket, since our wedding will be in late May, and knowing Nebraska..it could be 50 degrees, or 90 degrees, so I want to play it safe. I looked online for a cheap white hoodie. After an unsuccessful hunt, I scoured the mall. Again, unsuccessful. The only short-sleeve jacket I could find was at Younkers, and they wanted $60 for it! Ridiculous, right?! Later on, Jim and I ran to a different mall and he happened to see that same jacket. I shook my head and told him the price. He looked at it again and said, “No, it’s on sale.” WHAT?! He’s so awesome! It’s not a hoodie, but it is short-sleeve, comfortable, and not “cheap-looking”.  I printed our names and the wedding date and then placed the paper over the back of the jacket. I didn’t want to ruin the jacket in case I messed up, so I used a pencil to poke tiny holes throughout the lettering. Once I took the paper back off, I had a general idea of where to place the crystals. I played with them until I liked the placement. I took pictures of it (I wasn’t home at the time) to see how many crystals I used with each letter/number and how they were placed, and then once I was home, I was able to replicate what I had done. I took an iron (I was not about to spend money on a tool that I would never use again) and placed it right on top of the crystals for about 10-20 seconds. Once they cooled, I did a quick iron-over again and let them cool. I made sure they were all on there really good and left it flat overnight. When I put it on the next day, one of the crystals came off, but I was able to iron it right back on, and I haven’t had any issues since. The picture where I am wearing it is missing one crystal in Jim’s name, but you get the idea. The other pictures show how it looks.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!