I ordered my dress!!!
So I FINALLY ordered my dress today! It's been a HUGE stressor...and it will be until it's paid off, but at least it's ordered! We were going to get it from a salon here in Omaha, but when I asked them about the deposit to order, they told me I had to pay half the tag price plus tax, plus $100, plus shipping. WHAT?! So I then asked about alterations. They said it would depend on how much they had to cut off and how we bustled it, and since I'm only 5'0 and the dress in the petite size is still way too big, they were guessing it would be quite a bit, but they couldn't even give me a ballpark figure. They just said it would depend on the situation at the time and which seamstress was going to be there. I asked if they would start alterations while we were making payments on the dress. Nope...has to be paid in full. Makes sense, but sucks for me! So we kept putting it off. A couple months later (which would have been last week), I get this e-mail from the first salon that we had visited (a very bad experience). They sent me a copy of this letter from all of these designers that have their gowns manufactured in China. Due to the labor issues over there, they said prices were going up 20-30% starting August 1st, and this included my designer. :( In a panic, I started researching and asking other brides and calling salons and asking around. Everyone said that it has happened before and it may happen again this year. Not willing to take the chance, I called a little salon in Fremont, which is a small town nearby. They said to order the dress, I just had to pay half the tag price. Tax is added later. They also do not charge me shipping. Interesting, right? So I asked about alterations. It is a flat fee of $139, no matter what. And they said I could have alterations started as long as I'm making payments. I just can't take the dress out of the salon until it is paid in full. (Well duh!) Happy as a clam, we made the drive to Fremont. I tried on the dress and was measured. I am SOOO glad I didn't end up buying a used one (it was often thought about)....I was guessing I was around a size 4. The smallest I had found was an 8...and we thought MMMAYYYBE we could tweak it and alter it just right. Uh yeah...I'm a size 2. haha Guess I'll leave the measuring to the professionals! So now we wait. It's going to be a LONG 4-5 months. *sigh*
P.S. I'm NOT showing my dress or announcing what it is...but I WILL say I'm a Maggie bride, all the way! LOVE LOVE LOVE her gowns!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for your comment!