Cardbox is complete!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the cardboxes that I have been seeing other brides making, especially the ones that look like presents. What a neat idea! I was going to buy boxes that would tier perfectly, but then I thought…I like the idea of them looking like real presents stacked imperfectly, like our real gifts probably will be on the gift table. I already had the bottom two boxes (the bottom box was a snow boots box, and the middle one was a Victoria’s Secret gift box, and I bought the top one at Michael’s and used a coupon. I found the paper at Michael’s and used coupons (of course). Jim is EXCELLENT at wrapping (For birthdays and Christmas, I do the shopping, he does the wrapping J)…he is really good about not wasting any paper, so he wrapped them for me. We cut a hole in the top in front of the bow, and then just cut big open holes through the bottom of the top box, then the top and bottom of the middle, and lastly, the bottom box. We will have to break it open to get the cards out, which is fine with me since everyone recommends using a locking cardbox anyway. I tried to make a bow for the top but was unsuccessful. I found a huge bow and placed it on top. I used some extra sheer/pink wired ribbon and cut notches for the “ribbon” part of the “presents” and used double-sided tape to keep them under the bow. I was going to buy little wooden letters to spell “CARDS” and paint them, but in order to save a little money, I decided to use stencils and some extra black cardstock that we aren’t using and made “THANK YOU”. I used rubber cement and stuck it on the front so that guests will know they aren’t actual gifts and to place cards in it. All we have left to do is glue or tape them all together, but we kept them apart and placed them in garbage bags to keep dust off of them and are storing them up high where the kids and animals can’t get to them. I am going to try to place the gift table away from the doors. I’d rather be safe than sorry!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for your comment!