September 9, 2012

FINALLY Getting Some Work Done Downstairs!

In preparation of an addition to the family (human, NOT another four-legged, furry friend!), we need another bedroom. We would wait and work on it later, but since I'm very high-risk and having to be SUPER DUPER careful, not to mention the extreme possibility of me being on bedrest for much of my pregnancy, PLUS the high chance that I'll deliver early, we have been forced to start everything BEFORE conception. Kyle will be moving into the BRAND NEW bedroom that we are building in the basement, AJ will move it Kyle's BIGGER room with the BIGGER closet (which she's not looking forward to at all...not planning her new walls, decor, or anything, nope), and the nursery will be AJ's old room. We'd purchased some drywall and other things for the basement, but just haven't had time, what with work, school, his football and music, her dance classes, Jim's foot causing us more grief than ever, etc. We finally got to moving on it last week. Jim's been working hard down there. I keep offering help, but he denies the need. I think he just needs some "man time." Hence, why I've been working on all these crafts...for one, to get them out of the damn way, since they're taking up space in the basement, which is where we need more space, and for two, just to get shit organized and done before I'm indisposed of and unable to work on anything except ROM to prevent DVT's while on bedrest. :S (maybe, maybe not..but I'd rather just have shit done, just in case. Plus, I'm sure I'll fall even more behind once there's a baby in this house. Just sayin'.) :) Here, he's working on insulating the "gutted fireplace" that was there when we bought our house. Fun times!





.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!