September 15, 2012

Our Honeymoon Seashells!

I've still got a few truckloads of wedding/honeymoon keepsakes that I need to go through, but we'd intended on keeping the seashells that we'd collected while on our honeymoon in Florida. Problem was, we didn't have any ideas! So, they they stayed in the beach bag. I came up with the idea of using that with a map of where we were in Florida. Jim suggested that we use our beach picture (on the windiest day of that week) and put the shells around it. I knew they wouldn't fit in a regular frame, so I used one of the leftover shadowboxes from when I made AJ's ballet shadowbox, since it came as a set of 3. We tried to "swirl" them around our photo, but that didn't work. So, I glued them with super glue around the picture and used leftover black cardstock from our wedding. I double-sided taped the picture on beforehand. One of the shells got stuck to my finger and broke, so we had to glue it back together. :( Anyway, here it is! (Another bad iPhone pic. Sorry!)

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!