September 16, 2012

Just Keep Drinking...

So, with my exciting history, I have a tendency to dehydrate very easily and very quickly. It's been a couple of years (knock on wood) since I've ended up hospitalized for fluids, and I don't miss it. I've learned to catch it and reverse it fast. However, that wouldn't be the best idea while being pregnant...heck...it's just a bad idea anyway! I am one of those people that hates water. It gives me a tummy-ache, and I easily go days/weeks without drinking water. On top of that, I'm NEVER thirsty, so I don't drink much of anything in the first place. Well, I fell pretty ill in the matter of about 8 hours the other day. I thought I felt it coming, but I realized I was dizzy and having a hard time concentrating. Whoops. I tried and tried to get fluids in, but I was too late. Luckily, I didn't end up needing the ER or hospital. I did see someone at my work, and they helped me get the right things before I got worse. Thankfully, I was feeling better that day. It's ironic, though...last week before all of this, I was at Walgreens and saw this cute water bottle on sale for $2.50. I bought it and measured (realistic for me) amounts and wrote the goal times on the bottle. I only did times for the days I work, since those are my most "fluid-depleted" days of the week. I was in a class and noticed that I'd surpassed my goal by hours, so I took a pic to prove it to Jim. lol 

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!