I'd seen something similar on..you guessed it...PINTEREST! I HATE stained carpet (though I should try to get used to it, what with two dogs, two cats, two kids, and a man, right?), but we do make a habit of removing our shoes. However, not everyone sees us in socks or barefoot when they come over, nor do they notice the pile of shoes nicely displayed on the rug RIGHT NEXT to the front door prior to the stairs coming into the house. SO, when I saw cute little signs, I decided that I had to have one. This was quite simple, however, I couldn't place it where I originally had intended, as the wall wasn't quite as wide as I thought. I was at Michael's (shocker) and found these frames in the clearance rack (it said $1, but somehow it rang up at .75....no complaints here!), some $1 ribbon, and I had bought some orange scrapbooking paper for the frame...HOWEVER, I was exhausted and messed up, so I was going to buy some more this week, but remembered that I had A TON of paw print paper left, which I'd used for Oscar's big shadowbox, AJ's Mom and Me book, and our "barf bag container" in my car. lol It matches our orange and green walls, so I figured, what the hell. Mod Podge and made a pic of AJ and me after her first pedi blue-ish. I copied lettering from a font online. I tried to trace it, but the paper was too dark, so I had to free-hand it, then went over it with a Sharpie pen. Mod Podge again. I took a furniture touch-up pen to the lighter wood color to make it match our decor. Drilled small holes into the top to thread in the ribbon. The "hangers" were a PITA to find. It's not at all what I'd envisioned, but it works. They're actually little letter "G's," but I'd flipped them. I had to take a permanent marker to them, as all of them were pretty torn up at Michael's. Whatever works. There ya have it!
Coloring kinda sucks...It was taken from my iPhone. Sorry!
.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for your comment!